• 2721 W 120th Ave, Unit A100, Westminster, CO 80234

  • The glowing white trumpet flowers of the Easter Lily will grace numerous churches and homes during this season. However, the beautiful flowers can be deadly to your cats. All parts of the flower are toxic to cats. One bite of a petal, leaf, stem, or even the getting a slight amount of the pollen on her coat can seriously upset kitty’s digestive system and, if left untreated, lead to kidney failure and death. Although Easter Lilies are the prime culprits at this time of year, other lilies such as┬átiger lilies, rubrum lilies, and some species of day lily are also poisonous to felines.

    Signs & Symptoms
    About two to four hours after ingesting plant parts or pollen your cat may display

    • Lethargy
    • Lack of appetite
    • Vomiting

    Later signs that may occur one to three days after ingestion

    • Increased thirst and urination.
    • Decreased urination if the kidneys fail.

    Keep in mind that you might not see your cat ingest the lily. If you think there is even a slight chance that your cat has gotten into lilies, call Gillett vet immediately.